Tuesday, April 26, 2011

PILLOWTALK

he pleasures of being a single mom is having a lifetime of pillowtalk. I’m just tickling your fancy, but there’s nothing here in what i’m going to say that’s malicious.  Pillowtalk has always been associated with the cuddling and after sex talk. For me, its that time of the night when I get my endless supply of  hugs and kisses and "i love yous". Ever since they came into my life I made it a point to lavish them with all the love and care they deserve. There was a point in time I got impatient. After an entire night of cuddling, i wish they could cuddle back and whisper all the endearments that will give me comfort in my sleep. It took years. And this sort of loving grew with time and patience.
Every night now, before I settle down to sleep, i have not just 1 but 2 tugging at my sleeve to go to bed.They couldn’t sleep without me. They have that kind of anticipation for a bedtime story or a "little girl story" (stories about my childhood). Now what are you thinking? Of course, I’m talking about my kids!
Recently, our pillowtalk has changed. My pre teen daughter has been asking me questions about my past life, mind boggling questions about life in general and advices to her problems in school and how to deal with weird classmates and friends. The most comfortable time of the day to talk about these things is when were settled in bed, arms around each other. My son takes his turn the next night. so you see, I’ve been sleeping in two beds… every other night…ha ha!
There were nights i couldn’t talk but cry. Cry about mundane things in this world that upset me…yet too complicated for me to explain to their young minds. Yet for some reason, they understood. And i have had nights when they will just hold me and let me cry, looking at me with eyes filled with love and concern…waiting until i ran out of tears and finally drifted off to sleep.
The best pillowtalk ive ever had? those were the nights i spent with my children.
They love unconditionally…even when there were times that i cant.
One of the perks of being a single mom I’d say…are those "pillowtalk nights"
These are the best nights i’ve ever had …


AUG 22, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment